Thursday, May 19, 2011

drivin and bloggin..or ridin is more like it

We are on our way to Greenville to go to Greensboro, NC tomorrow for my cousin's college graduation party. Chris is graduating from Appalachian State University and Austin from UNC Charlotte.  We decided to go to small group and leave from there...not so sure how I feel about that right now, when I am ready to hit the pillow and close my eyes! I guess I could, BUT I always worry I need to stay awake to help make sure the driver is awake!  So, I got out my computer.  Rebecca told me it was time to blog! She is right.

Small group is good---been making more relationships there.  Tuesday night, we went to downtown Norcross to the farmers market with Beth and Pete. Then, ate at their favorite mexican restaurant. I can't remember the name of it, all I can remember is they call it "mexican heaven"! haa...they do have endless margaritas there! I don't really like those, so that isn't a pull for me. The farmers market was fun--it is always good to see the fresh vegetables! Both the Schemp's and us bought peaches! YUM. They are so good. I even made a salad for lunch yesterday and put them on it..very good!

Last night, we went to dinner again(yes, I feel unhealthy! too much eating out in the middle of the week! but worth it!) with Rob and Ashley.  Rob is celebrating that he is writing a book, and it is hopefully ( I say that just incase something falls through, pretty sure it's a done deal) going to get published!  So, they took us to Alpine Bakery---you would think that is just breads/sweets...it is BUT great italian food! And a cozy feeling restaurant! I don't know if I am spelling restuarant right?? I am getting tired. But, the food was great, then we got some amazing desserts--like a slice of cake was more than enough for 2 people in one sitting---and brought it back to our place for coffee and to eat it! Ashley showed me some tricks on photoshop too! 

Tonight, small group...and we started a new book called "The Forgotten God" by Francis Chan.  I really like it.  I don't know if you've ever read Crazy Love--my bible study in Greenville did that and we enjoyed it, but had a lot of drawbacks/thoughts we didn't know if we for sure agreed with about it..BUT so far in this book, I don't feel that way! so, at this point--one chapter in, hahaah---I recommend it.  We had great group discussion! It is all about how we forget the Holy Spirit...and how he is IN us and is here to be our counselor. And how Jesus tells the disciples it is BETTER for him to go away and for the spirit to be there, IN US. and he talks about how different we might be if we lived with the Holy Spirit leading us, moving in us, changing us.  We all agreed, we want this. We want the Holy Spirit, we want to be different than non believers, and we want to be like Jesus. There was a verse in Acts (?)---too dark in the car to pick up my book and find it----where Peter and John (also?) had been talking with Jesus and when the got done the people could tell and they were astonished... and the verse says it was so because they had been with Jesus.That was our prayer tonight, that we'd be that way.

The pics I have to add to keep you intersted are from last weekend. We had a long weekend in glorious Greenville! Downtown Alive Thursday night, Main St Jazz Friday and dinner with friends, Saturday shower for my cousin, Mollie, and engagement party for Tim's cousin, Lauren..., Sunday  church, great lunch and Ms Amy's and photography session of the beautiful child Landon. Then home to the ATL. Enjoy the pics and good night! i will try to do better Rebecca!





No comments:

Post a Comment