Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Here's a recipe we had Monday night...and it turned out pretty good!

Broccoli Stir Fry:
Rice
Broccoli--I used a steamable bag
Shredded Carrots  (I bought a bag of carrots, snow pod peas, and some broccoli together)
1 cup Vegetable broth
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
lime juice
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce ( i bought in oriental isle with those sauces)
2 tbsp peanut butter( instead of the nuts below, i just used crunchy peanut butter)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp. ginger
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dark sesame oil (found on oriental isle also)
chopped peanuts

I just put all this in pan on stove and cooked until the vegetables were tender and then put the vegetables over rice. I also sprinkled toasted sesame seeds on top.  It was very tasty!  I have no memory of where I found this, so I can't give credit. It might have been Southern Living's emails I get?!  It was also quick, so if you are looking for some good veggies for a quick night, try this!
 I love, love, love this picnik website!!!! We have been passing this farm since we moved ---and I have been wanting a picture. Well, picnik motivated me after work to go back to take a picture!  And then I used picnik to make it better!   The first 3 are the ones after, the bottom 2 are the original. Wow! 




I would love to see your pictures you change on picnik!  Share with me!  And teach me things you know that I might not know!!  Half way to the weekend! I know it's bad when I live for the weekend....but I do --I love Fridays and Saturdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment