Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So MOnday morning was tough.  Daylight SAvings time and having so much fun Saturday night have left me exhausted. And I had to be at work at 8 on the dot Monday--meaning to be sure I was there I had to leave my house at 7.  Wayyy to early.  Then I walked outside and saw it was still dark outside...and what came out of my mouth wasn't nice.  Then had a long day at work, worked til 4:30.  We were to have dinner with the Egar's, so we got ready for a fun MOnday night out, where maybe my mood was more stay inside and go to bed at 8:30--BUT it turned out to be soooo fun.  We went downtown Atlanta to eat at a nice, more expensive restaurant, but on MOnday's they have a great special.  They wanted to celebrate things in their work life, and wanted us to get to experience this. So, got there, sat outside in our gorgeous spring like weather with pre dinner drinks and these slider sandwiches that were really good.  And just the buildings around us, and the one we were sitting on--they were neat, big and strong and old looking.  Then, dinner....for $16 we had a nice size and tasting spinach salad with gorgonzola cheese and then seriously about the best steak I have ever had, it was filet mignon maybe that was why--with mashed potatoes and asparagus.  YUM.  My steak was literally delightful in my mouth.  I even get my well done, well they certainly knew how to do that and still have it juicy.  Then we were telling them about our "party pops" they gave us for free at Starbuck's Saturday and so we decided to go to Starbuck's to get some.  They are really called petite pops, or cake pops--but I think party pops is so much cooler!  So, great night, feel even more comfortable with the Egar's than we did the last time we hung out with them, really enjoyed their company and our night.  So my Monday made a great turn around!!
  Still need to get into bed early tonight, since we were a little late going to bed last night, and i got up to go to the step class at the gym before work. .And hands down, I love that class, it's my favorite.  The teacher is a great step teacher and we move hard for an hour, with one minute intervals in b/w combos...I leave there soaking wet and red faced and i love it! 
  Getting in the shower then off to work.  on a rainy rainy day.  enjoy our pics from last night.  I couldn't believe i didn't bring my camera, but Rob took pics on his iphone ( i think that's what he has! ?)
on the porch of the Livingston having drinks and sliders
little bundles of joy--our party pops!!!  rocky road and tiramasu (sp?)
and my party pop--the birthday cake flavor!! they only had one left, i was lucky!

 For my bad MOnday being tired, I also got another great surprise in the mail.  So, will post about that later!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment